Resetting Wirecast Preferences
Resetting Preferences in Wirecast
During the troubleshooting process, you may be asked to "Delete Preference Files."
Sometimes during updates, upgrades or after having used the same saved file repeated times. settings can become corrupted. This can cause Wirecast to behave outside what would be considered "normal", sometimes not launching at all.
The first thing a Support Technician will ask you to do is to delete the Preference files. Depending on the Operating System you are using. it can be difficult to find these files. It is also important to make sure you delete the correct files.
To make this easier, we have added a Preference Reset to the Support Assistant.
Follow the instructions below:
- Go to Help> Send Support Information, or if the application won't launch do one of the following:
- On Windows 7 & 8: Go to Programs>Telestream>Wirecast>Support Assistant. Click to open
- On Windows 10: Click the Windows Icon and go to Telestream > Support Assistant. Click to open.
- On Mac - Go to Applications>Show in Finder. Right click on Wirecast>Show Package Contents>Contents>Resources>Support Assistant. Click to open
- Once the Support Assistant opens, click "Reset Preferences."
- You will see the following message:
- Close Wirecast. The Support Assistant window will remain open since it is a separate application. Click "Reset Preferences" again.
- The following message will let you know that the Preference files have been deleted.
Restart your computer and restart Wirecast.