This article covers the basics for new or altered features in Wirecast 9 from Wirecast 8. If you are looking for basic Wirecast information not found in this article, refer to the Wirecast Basics article.
- For the most part, this works similarly to previous versions, but new window now appears when a source is added which has changed how things are organized.
- Video Capture and Audio Capture- These tabs will contain the capture devices.
- Network- This tab contains a few options that were listed out separately in previous versions: iOS cam from Wirecast Go, Rendezvous sessions, Web Display (a webpage) and Web Stream (IP Cameras).
- Screen Capture- This contains Remote Desktop Presenter, Screen Capture and Syphon Frame.
- Overlays- This tab contains a variety of things that can be dropped onto your feed: A running clock, Image Carousel, Scoreboard, Text, Title and Twiiter Feed
- Backgrounds- This tab allows you to change a custom background. It contains Web Display, Solid Color, Virtual Sets.
- Shots- This tab allows you to customize you shots. You can add new shots, build playlists, add new shots from Clipboard and Replay Shots.
- Favorites- This is new, and will populate with the sources most often used.
- All- You can list all available sources together without the categories.