Stat Crew (Legacy/Next-Gen)
Integrating Live Stats with Statcrew
Adding live stats to a broadcast will enrich the viewing experience for your fans, and take your stream to the next level! If you're already using Statcrew to stat your various sports or you're looking to set up stats using that software, this article will walk you through integrating them into your broadcast.
- Legacy - Latest version of TAS or StatCrew (x.17) and TASFTP or Cloud Connector. The upgrade cost for x.17 includes the XML license for the sport(s), which is good for one year. The GameCentral software utilizes the XML output in Game Reports to customize the experience inside of your school’s portal.
- Next Gen - 2015-16 Next Generation Subscription for the sports in question, which includes a StatCloud subscription.
- Internet connectivity at venue.
- If using TASFTP disabling of the window animation function in Windows. Go to My Computer - Properties - Advanced - Performance (Visual Settings) and disable the “animate windows when minimizing and maximizing” check box. This disables TASFTP from running over your in-game scoring window while sending, which may cause occasional missed keystrokes if not corrected.
To add live stats for an event, log in to your Stretch administrative page and create a new event by clicking on the “+” button on any date on the calendar or click on an existing event in the calendar if you wish to modify it to include live stats.
Following along with Example 1 below, enter in the event information including sport, team names and date and time. The first arrowed option in the example is Live Stats, which needs to be switched from no (default) to yes. Notice below the Live Stats box that the Game ID will be generated after the event is saved. Continue to customize the Live Stat options, including home and visiting logos and colors, as well as the Streaming Type (None, Audio, Video, Separate Audio and Video Streams) and options associated with that stream. Select Submit on the bottom of the page to save the game into the schedule.
When you’re ready to set up TAS or StatCrew, click on the event in the calendar to re-open the Event Editor. Following along with Example 2 below, you will see that the event now has a Game ID. Write down this number, as you will need it for the next step.
Game Day Setup (LEGACY)
Setup the game as you normally would by importing rosters and setting up the game information in the in-game scoring program. Save the game and open up Game Reports in Windows.
- The first time you setup TASFTP, you will have to enter the FTP Setup located in the TASFTP program. You will need to ensure that Secure FTP is unchecked, and that the only box selected is “Passive Mode.” We have found that Passive mode is more reliable than active mode, and also cuts down on the number of times that the program hangs and needs to be restarted.
As TASFTP is a program that will occasionally freeze, you may have to open up the task manager (control-alt-delete) and shutdown the program to restart the live stats feed. We will monitor your live stats feed, and notify you if we haven’t received a transmission for a long period of time (dependent upon the sport).
If you are already sending XML live stats to one FTP, you can set up a secondary FTP site through TASFTP to send the files as well. Following along with the example below, open up the TASFTP client and select 2nd FTP site. This will pull up a menu with similar options to that found in game reports. Enter in the FTP information, as well as your user name and password that were talked about earlier, and also note that there is a space to put the XML game ID on the bottom of the page. You will need to check Passive Mode and Enabled to allow for the information to be sent to our FTP server.
Game Day Setup (NEXT GEN)
We understand that this can be a lot of information to take in. If at any time you want to get clarification on setting up stats, don't hesitate to reach out by phone or email! We are always happy to help.