Dial In & Out Basics
Did you know you can send us a broadcast without a solid internet connection? Thanks to Dial Ins and Outs, you're no longer at the mercy of spotty networks when you stream audio only events! If your venue has an active phone line and internet connectivity is a concern, Dial Ins and Outs might be for you. With Dial Ins, you will call a number and enter a four digit code to start your broadcast. For Dial Outs, our system will automatically call a number provided by you starting 15 minutes before your scheduled start time. We'll show you how to set up both options below.
From an equipment standpoint, all you really need to stream a Dial In or Dial Out broadcast is an active phone. You can technically use your cell phone or a land line to connect to your event and broadcast by speaking into the phone. However, most people who do Dial Ins and Dial Outs have audio mixers that connect to a phone line.
The RemoteMix 4 by JK Audio (shown above) allows you to bring in up to four audio sources and send out a clean mix through a phone line. You can also connect your cell phone to this mixer via Bluetooth so you can use your cell service to stream. This unit is one of many compatible mixers for Dial Ins and Outs. If you need any assistance setting up or purchasing equipment, reach out to our support team and we'll gladly help you out!
1. When scheduling an audio only event, choose "Dial In to Stretch" as your Audio Source.
2. Select a four digit code. This is what you'll use to connect to your broadcast on game day.
Please note: Stretch must set up your codes ahead of time. If you plan on doing multiple broadcast at once, contact our support team and we can add additional codes for you!
3. Fill out the rest of the Event Editor as normal and click Submit when you're done.
1. When you're ready to begin your broadcast, dial (888) 597-2410 from your phone or mixer.
Please note: You may connect your broadcast 30 minutes prior to the scheduling start time of your event.
2. When prompted, enter the four digit code you selected in the Event Editor.
3. Wait five seconds then prepare to grace your listeners with your beautiful voice!
4. When you're finished broadcasting, simply hang up the call and your audio will be archived automatically in our system.
1. When scheduling an audio only event, choose "Stretch will dial out to us" as your Audio Source.
2. Select a phone number from the drop down menu (you can disregard the four or five digit number listed at the beginning).
3. If you do not have any number set up, select "Add new phone number" and you will be able to enter a phone line and give it a name (see image below).
4. Fill out the rest of the Event Editor as normal and click Submit when you're done.
On the day of your event, our system will automatically call the provided phone number 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of your event. To begin broadcasting, simply answer the call from your phone or mixer. You will be live right when you accept the call.
Please note: If you happen to miss the first call, don't worry! Our system will call every 45 seconds until you answer.
When you're finished broadcasting, hang up the call and your audio will be archived in our system automatically. Please keep in mind, if your event is still "live" in our system, you may continue to receive phone calls after hanging up. You can always send our support team a quick email or phone call and we can end your event so the automatic calls will stop.
You should now be ready to stream from any venue with a phone line! As always, if you need any assistance setting up or you are streaming your first Dial In or Dial Out, reach out to our support team and we'll make sure everything is good to go!