If you're looking to enhance the viewing experience in your StretchLive portal, then you've come to the right place! Our Instant Highlights feature allows you to grab the best clips from any live or on-demand event and post them in the portal immediately!
Before you begin, please note the following information:
- Avoid using your streaming computer to clip highlights while the event is live.
- If possible, use a different network than the one you are streaming on. If you experience any network connectivity issues when creating highlights, the final product may be impacted.
- Start by clicking on the Events Tab on the left side of the page.
2. From there, you will see the list of events in the TODAY section, SCHEDULED section and ON DEMAND section. To cut highlights during a live event, make sure the event has started and a stream is being sent and click on the Name of the event to open up the Event Card. You should see the event streaming in the player.
3. Scroll down to the bottom on this page and under the HIGHLIGHTS section, click on the Create New Highlight button
4. Creating the Highlights
- Once your event is selected, click on "Create Instant Highlight" to bring up the highlight editor. For live events, the last thirty seconds of live video will be automatically set to be created as the highlight. However, you do have the ability to go back to previous points of the broadcast to cut highlights. If you are doing this on-demand, then you will start at the beginning of the archive.
- Once the editor comes up, watch your game like a hawk. Once you see a play that you want to capture, you will need to set the start and stop points of the video. This can be done in the following ways:
- Change the time stamps of the starting and stopping points.
- Adjusting the start/stop scrubbers.
- Once you have your timestamps in place, enter a description and then click publish highlight. You will then see the status of your highlight. It will start as "pending" and then switch to a play button once it is done. From this menu, you also have the ability to share the link to the highlight on Twitter.
- Hit the X button to go back to the first screen. You will then see your highlight listed.
- To clip a new highlight, click Create "Instant Highlight" to return to the highlight editor.
- Highlights will appear in the portal as soon as they are done processing.
Once a highlight is created, there are icons you can access by clicking on the three vertical:
- Dots with lines connecting them: Tweet a direct link to your highlight. A separate window will open with the link populated in the Tweet field.
- Pencil: Edit the title or description of your highlight.
- Trash Can: Delete your highlight.
- Down Arrow: Download the highlight to your computer.
For more on Instant Highlights, please reach out to us with any questions.